Thursday, January 23, 2014

Why Can't we Help One Another.....


Hi Fashion Lovers, 

So often people come to me telling me that they are looking for ways to start their own company or asking for advice on how to expand their brand or whatever creative business they have. IF I can help I always do or I give solid advice on WHO actually can help them!! Why do I do that you ask.. I do it because why not.. I needed help, I STILL need help from people and helping someone else won't hurt my come up. To me their is room for EVERYONE!! 

Ironically overall in my entire 16 year career I haven't gotten the most help from my own people. I always get the best advice from other people in the industry. Even if its quick advice its sound advice. I haven't yet found my business mentor but just from my track record alone I don't think it will be a person of color. I do believe that you have to help yourself before anyone else can but too many african american business people seem to think as soon as you can no longer further their moment they can't help you with yours (at least in my experience). 

I strive to give the best of myself and my company in all that I represent when it comes to my brand but mistakes are made; This is how you learn & grow so why can't we do it together? 

Speak on it Fashion Lovers... Am I the only one to experience this? 

Fashionably Yours, 
ImaniLia 

No comments:

Post a Comment